Mark your calendar for the 24th Annual Christmas Tour of Homes - Saturday, December 2, 10:00am~3:00pm.
You can purchase tickets using the sercure, PayPal link below or at the following New Braunfels locations: The Crossing, Johnson Furniture, and the New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce Office. Tickets can also be purchased at our November meeting. Ticket price is $15 advance purchase; $20 the day of the Tour (online price includes a convenience fee).
We have secured 6 homes in the New Braunfels area for this year's Tour and they are fabulous! Take a sneak peek at the homes below. Please direct any questions to: Christmas TOH
This stately home is a newer build in John Newcomb Estates and is owned by a 6th generation New Braunfelser who also owns the Milltown Historic District venue in New Braunfels. This home is filled with family mementos and Eddie's time in the U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne. Guest bedrooms have framed puzzles on the walls, which are memories of fun weekends with their grandchildren, nieces and nephews during visits. The chef’s kitchen is perfect for entertaining large crowds and Mary is considered a talented and gifted cook. After dinner, the owners often relax outside on their custom, desert-teakwood patio table and chairs (made from an old Mexican ranch gate) purchased at an antique store near the Arizona-Mexico border.
This home is a new build by local custom homebuilder Meyer-Brant in the highly-desired neighborhood of Oakwood Estates above Landa Park. Owners Mac and Susan are world travelers and collectors of unique art which they’ve displayed throughout the home, to include several pieces from renowned sculptor Glenna Goodacre. Susan was fortunate to inherit many pieces of furniture and décor from her mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. Her grandfather founded Quality Check Dairy and was married to actor Errol Flynn’s first wife Lily (a pencil drawing of her is framed in the family room). The backyard features a pool that was specifically designed by Bradley Signature Pools to capture the best use of the outdoors.
This home on ‘the hill’ was designed by renowned Texas architect O'Neil Ford. It was built for entertaining in 1956 by a confirmed bachelor, and two of his ‘party features’ were an interior wood parquet dance floor and outdoor pool (both still intact and used by the current owners). Jay and Karen purchased the home in 2013 and made minor revisions to adapt to this young family’s needs (Jay is the owner of Latuya, a local custom-homebuilding company, and did the renovations himself). Featured are several of the owner’s custom metal pieces, designed specifically to incorporate into this home for resting, relaxing, and entertaining along with several classic cars that will be featured on the Tour. This home is designated as the “Men’s Home”, with several men serving as docents for the Tour.
This home on the Comal River is owned by 3 young families who are friends and is currently used as a high-end rental for the public and large families, and holiday gatherings for the owners. The original house was a 2-bedroom river house, with additions built in the late 1990’s/early 2000. The triple level deck was built to highlight the spectacular views of the Comal River. The home is filled with historic picture prints of old New Braunfels and early life on the Comal River.
This historic home was built in 1919 by Dr. Hagler, New Braunfels’ first live-in doctor. The house also served as New Braunfels’ first library. All the built-ins are original to the home and the plaster in the downstairs bathroom was made to look like porcelain tile. In 2005 the city of New Braunfels had tagged the home for demolition, but Jeff and Denise Mund stepped up to save the home then spent several years renovating it. (Jeff’s grandparents were friends of Dr. Hagler’s.) It is currently being used as the office of Phyllis Browning Realty.
This home will be the Refreshment Stop and Will Call (for online tickets) for the Tour.
This historic little gem near downtown was built by Somers Pfeuffer in 1883. It was initially targeted for demolition in the late 2000’s after sitting vacant for 8 years, but was saved by the Hillyer family who then spent nearly 3-years renovating it. The home is filled with family heirlooms and as much of the original woodwork and trim salvageable, or was meticulously copied to look like the original (based on pictures). The current back door was the original front door, with guests walking up from the street below (most of the original steps cans still be seen); the front door was the original back door and the root cellar trap-door is still in use on the front porch.